Akihabara Otaku Tour including visit to a maid cafe
Akihabara is absolutely a unique treasure that must not be overlooked when traveling in Japan. In the beginning it made its reputation from a vast collection of electronic shops, however with the computer boom more than 30 years ago, stores specializing in Anime merchandise and Manga started to grow.
Now Akihabara has developed into a place filled with some of the most out of the ordinary and unique subcultures. This unique tour will provide you with a peek into the heart of Akihabara. The locations your guide will take you to will be the best-related areas, so that you will be able to completely experience the thriving Akihabara culture.
Points of Interest
- Let’s visit a popular Maid Café in the heart of Akihabara.
- Next visit an armory shop that carry models of weaponry including Japanese swords.
- Explore a “Rabbit Café” (You will can find maids and rabbits in this café).
- Visit a famous store for everything Otaku in Japan “Mandarake” – This store is where you can buy everything from Anime, manga, costumes, to antique goods.
Our guide can to pick you up from your hotel foyer if you are staying in the Tokyo area.
All Guides are fluent in English.
If you would like visit the maid cafe or rabbit cafe, remember to pay the entrance fee by yourself along with the tour-guide as well.
Maid cafe entrance fee (1 hour) : 1000 p/p JPY Rabbit Café entrance fee (1 hour) : 1300 p/p JPY
|START TIME||There are 2 tour times, please meet at either 10.00 AM or 2.00PM depending on the tour booked, at your Hotel foyer in the Tokyo area|
|END TIME||Approximately 3 hrs after start of tour|
|What to BRING||Please bring a camera to take photos!|
Some of these stores mentioned above are also locations that are hardly ever visited by travelers – which makes this tour all the more unique and authentic. Quite simply, by way of this tour you can appreciate Akihabara in a different way than other travelers, as well Akihabara is where you will quickly realize that you can get anything from classic electronic devices, to the most recent video games, favorite anime or manga figurines. Be prepared to be transferred inside the quintessential world of geek tradition!
You need to bring:
Your camera, Some money for expenses ( Transportation fees, food, beverages and sightseeing activities )
Number of Participants:
Minimum of 2 people per booking.
Children Ages (4-15) 50% Discount off Adult prices
Children Ages (0-3) Free
Solo Travelers are able to arrange a Private tour, please email us HERE to let us know you would like a private tour .
A cancellation of at least (7 days) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 2 – 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 % cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 1 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 % cancellation fee.
We have a strict policy about starting our tours on time. This is to protect the enjoyment of all our guests and partners. We are sorry to say that if you are not able to arrive at the meeting point by the departure time, the tour will start regardless and no refund will be provided.
10:00 AM Departure
- Then move on to visit the amory ShopYou will visit an armory shop that carry models of weaponry including Japanese swords.
- The armor shop also sells every type of weapon imaginable, from bamboo brooms to anti-tank rockets, all models off-course .
- You will check out a Maid Café if you’d likeYou will visit a “Rabbit Café” (You will find maids and rabbits in this café)
- We will visit the “Mandarake” – Retail store in which you can buy everything from Anime, manga, costumes, to antique goods)